Here in London (not to mention elsewhere in the UK), we’ve always revelled in the spirit of reinvention. This spirit is alive and well in the church halls for hire our clients so quickly fall in love with, and it isn’t difficult to see their appeal. These are venues which have stood the test of time, and display incredible architectural features which span the centuries.
Map to our favourite church halls:
When you choose a church hall for hire as an event venue, you can benefit from something which so many other venues struggle to achieve: a genuine sense of atmosphere.
Whether they are spaces which are continued to be used for worship, or venues which have completely reimagined themselves as top class events spaces, we have no doubt that you’ll be able to find something ideal for your next conference, workshop, meeting or launch.
- Capacity: up to 550 guests
- Best for: Flashy, impressive events with audio-visual capabilities
- What makes it unique: This space is an old London church, which has completely reimagined itself as one of London’s most impressive events venues.
One Mayfair is a building which packs in heaps of charm, loads of unique architectural features, and all the hi-tech conveniences you could wish for in order to hold a truly starry night of amazing possibilities. The central space is lined with Neo-Classical arches, the stained-glass windows provide a truly spectacular backdrop, and the building is rigged up with amazing audio-visual equipment, allowing you to dazzle your attendees.
This venue has hosted some truly impressive names over the past few years: Rihanna, Stella McCartney, Colin Firth… the list goes on and on. Why do they choose One Mayfair? Quite simply because there are few other London venues which are as beautiful, atmospheric or spellbinding as this one.
- Capacity: up to 80 guests
- Best for: small scale, affordable events
- What makes it unique: intimate, peaceful and relaxed, this church hall for hire is perfect for low-key events which require a quiet and affordable setting.
With its spacious and well-hit hall space, All Saints Edmonton is a brilliantly cost-effective venue for a wide range of different uses. It’s regularly used for holding classes and workshops, concerts and meetings, and provides plenty of tranquillity for those events which need everybody focused and calm. What’s more, the space can be made even more affordable when repeat bookings are involved: prices drop down to a staggeringly low £15 per hour!
- Capacity: up to 600 guests
- Best for: receptions, conferences, exhibitions
- What makes it unique: Christ Church Spitalfields is an iconic London building, which manages to balance the fine line between awe-inspiring beautiful, and high-level functionality.
Situated in the heart of London’s trendiest district, Christ Church Spitalfields is nothing short of an East End icon. Built by the world-famous Hawksmoor in the 18th century, it’s a truly astonishing architectural marvel, and if you’re looking for a venue which has the space, variety, and impressive impact you need for your event, this building ticks every single box… and then some.
The Nave is the key feature here, and offers a massive amount of room – flanked by original architectural features and bathed in natural light – for conferences and receptions. However, move around the venue, and you’ll find plenty more hidden gems for your use and delight.
- Capacity: up to 100 guests
- Best for: receptions, conferences, workshops
- What makes it unique: Amazing acoustics and beautiful natural light make St Georges an ideal venue for impressing your guests, and showing off this part of London’s unique history and architecture.
With its stunning Victorian neo-gothic architecture, cavernous central space, and delightful original features, St Georges Campden Hill is yet another London church hall for hire that really has the opportunity to take your event to the next level. With the church hall itself for hire alongside a community space, there are plenty of options for a wide range of events here.
- Capacity: up to 350 guests
- Best for: dinners, receptions and conferences
- What makes it unique: There’s no doubt your attendees will be left speechless as they enter the most iconic of London’s religious buildings!
St Pauls Cathedral needs no introduction. This building was designed by the most famous English architect of all time, Christopher Wren, after the devastation of The Great Fire of London.
As an events space, this church hall for hire is second-to-none. Your guests will be stunned by the pristine beauty of the cathedral, which is filled with natural light and masterfully designed acoustics. The space is kitted out with modern PA speakers, and other modern conveniences, too – and you’ll be assured of a comfortable and efficient event no matter what you choose to host here. For dinners and more intimate meetings, you can also hire out the cathedral crypt; surely one of London’s most atmospheric and fascinating events spaces available!
- Capacity: up to 150 guests
- Best for: conferences, rehearsal space
- What makes it unique: Friendly, multifunctional and intimate, this church hall for hire is ideal for a wide range of purposes
This affordable community centre in Marylebone is a great example of a church hall repurposing itself for a wide range of contemporary uses. It’s regularly hired as a rehearsal space for all kinds of creative workshops, but is also ideal as an affordable, intimate and relaxed conference venue, too.
- Capacity: up to 200 guests
- Best for: parties, dinners, conferences
- What makes it unique: in the heart of the city, this stunning building is a genuinely ancient hidden gem of a venue.
With rooms dating back as far as the 12th century, the Museum of the Order of St John is one of the oldest, most atmospheric, and most impressive venues on our books. It has been beautifully preserved and renovated, making it ideal for modern conferences, workshops, parties and launches, and your guests will be bowled over by the pristine beauty of the architecture and its grounds. The Church within the museum can be hired, as can the crypt beneath – perfect for dinners and concerts.
Church Halls in London: Unique and Atmospheric Events Spaces
Here at Venueseeker, we love presenting our clients with fascinating, unique, and beautiful events spaces onto which they can project their ideas. These church halls for hire really pack in plenty of atmosphere, and the sheer range on offer is impressive in itself. Just watch as your guests are wowed while exploring these stunning venues, and know that you’re getting in touch with the living history of this ever-changing city.
Venueseeker is a top-quality provider of interesting venues and event services, and we’re more than happy to help you make your event a truly memorable one with the wide range of spaces we have to offer.