’Tis the season to start thinking about that all important Christmas party! If you’re preparing for this year’s festivities but don’t know where to start take a look at our party planning checklist, we’ll help you make sure you don’t miss a trick!
2 – 12 months to go:
- Research and choose your venue. Would you like something contemporary, or are you going for a traditional theme for your celebration? Consider not just the look of the venue but its size, flexibility and location.
- Speak to a venue finding agency to find out about hidden gems and lesser known venues – you could find something magical!
- Select your date. Find out which date works best with your guests using a platform such as surveymonkey, where guests can input their availability. That way you’ll know when the best party date is for everyone. Flexibility on date can help you get a better deal with your venue, so try to choose a few possible days.
2-3 months to go:
- Select your caterer. One of the best things about Christmas celebrations has to be the food! Speak to your caterer about your menu requirements and decide between canapés, bowl food, food stalls or a seated meal.
- Speak to your venue team about staffing. Does your chosen venue include staffing, or will this need to be booked separately? Speak to your event manager or venue to ensure you book the required number of staff for your event.
- Hire entertainment. Speak to your venue team about their preferred entertainment suppliers to get a good idea of what’s on offer. You could choose traditional festive entertainers such as carol singers or a brass band, or go for something which might surprise your guests – you can’t beat aerial performances! Christmas parties at City venue The Artillery Garden at The HAC can also include access to the dodgems, whilst photo booths are another popular choice, ensuring your guests capture every moment.
- Choose a drinks package. This can be arranged with your venue or with your caterer. You could also add a seasonal drinks reception; mulled wine and mince pies are the perfect way to welcome guests!
- Think about theming. Many venues come complete with winter themes, but if you’re planning to create your own theme now’s the time to finalise those designs.
- Book your production. Stunning production could take your event to the next level, and it’s included in most party packages, for both shared and exclusive events. Impressive lighting and extraordinary sound systems combine to create unbeatable parties.
1-2 months to go:
- Send out your invitations.
- Arrange transport to and from the party for staff.
- Let guests know if there will be any fancy dress requirements!
- If you’ve chosen to do your own catering work out exactly what you’ll need and write your giant shopping list!
- Book a photographer.
1 week to go:
- Check in with your venue manager to ensure everything is going smoothly, and make sure any last minute changes have been implemented.
- If you are hosting your event at your office purchase winter decor, food and drink.
- Send a final reminder to your guests.
Need more help organising your Christmas party? Talk to our team on 0845 688 4410, we’ll help you find the perfect venue, great catering, entertainment production and more. Relax, have a glass of mulled wine, we’ll take the stress out of planning your event!