Speak to our venue team, to request more infomation.

    0845 688 4410

    Quintessentially English

    Originally designed by John Johnson, this recently restored theatre opened in 1875 and had a capacity for seating 2,500. Its stage, of mechanised timber is characteristic of Victorian theatres and is probably one of the earliest examples in English theatre with a facility for counterweight flying. The theatre has had an extremely chequered past, in addition to its theatrical uses it has served as a cinema, a centre for Belgian refugees, part of a German internment camp and a BBC prop store.

    Maximum 2500