The Garden Room at Syon Park is a fabulous purpose built space, designed with entertaining in mind.
Speak to our venue team, to request more infomation.
0845 688 4410
The Garden Room at Syon Park
The Garden Room at Syon Park is a fabulous purpose built space, designed with entertaining in mind. Surrounded by 50 acres of idyllic parkland, The Garden Room offers a stunning setting for summer events – despite being only 10 miles from central London.
Guests of the Garden Room will be treated to a fantastic setting, private garden and spectacular views of the neoclassical Syon House, a striking location that has itself played host to lavish parties for hundreds of years.
The Garden Room at Syon Park has separate reception and dining spaces, a dance floor, PA and music system, full AV equipment and its own private car park. The fully flexible venue is exclusively available from May to September and can host up to 600 guests for a dinner, dance, conference or party.
Syon House has been home to the family of the Duke of Northumberland for over 400 years. The house is named after a medieval abbey Syon, named so after Mount Zion of the Holy Land that previously occupied the site. The Syon abbey was dedicated to the Bridgettine Order established in the C14th by the Swedish mystic St Bridget. It was one of the last great abbeys to be built and dissolved by King Henry VIII in 1539. In 1547 King Henry VIII’s coffin was brought to Syon on its way to Windsor for burial. The coffin burst open during the night and in the morning dogs were found to be scavenging at the remains- this was believed to be a divine judgement for the King’s desecration of Syon Abbey.
Following the destruction of the abbey, the land became the property of the Crown and was put into the possession of the 1st Duke of Somerset. The Duke built Syon House in an Italian Renaissance style between 1547 and 1552 when the Duke was executed. Following the Duke’s execution, the house was acquired by John Dudley. In 1557 the Roman Catholic Mary Tudor recalled nuns to re-establish the abbey at Syon but this was short lived as the Protestant Queen Elizabeth came to the throne in 1558. In 1594 Henry Percy the 9th Earl of Northumberland acquired Syon house and the family has lived at the house ever since.